Apply for a Bridging Visa Mortgage / Home Loan
What are the requirements for me to be able to apply for a bridging visa mortgage / home loan?
First you need to obtain a bridging visa mortgage you should be on a Bridging visa A – BVA – (subclass 010) or Bridging visa B – BVB – (subclass 020). If you are have a different type of visa we may still be able to help you.
Other type of bridging visas such as C,D, and E are only assessed by a case to case basis.
What are Bridging Visa A and Bridging Visa B?
Bridging visa A – BVA – (subclass 010) is a temporary visa that allows you to stay further in the Australia after your current visa has come to an end or your current visa application is still being processed by The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Basically, you will be granted a bridging visa if you request for a re-application of your new visa or a replacement bridging visa if it’s reviewed by DIAC. If you currently have this type of visa, you are prohibited to return if you leave the country. – “Applicable for someone who holds a substantive visa and applies for another substantive visa”.
- You are currently living in Australia.
- You are currently have a substantive visa.
- You have requested for a new substantive visa that can be granted to you while you are living in Australia.
Bridging visa B – BVB – (subclass 020) – This visa allows you to leave and return to Australia while your request for a substantive visa is being processed by DIAC. After you had returned to Australia within the agreed travel period, Bridging Visa B will be provided for you to be allowed to stay in the country while your substantive visa request is still being processed. You can also have both your substantive visa and Bridging Visa B at the same time. – “Also known as the travel bridging visa”.
- You’re currently living in Australia.
- You currently have either: Bridging visa A – BVA – (subclass 010) or Bridging visa B – BVB – (subclass 020).
- You have requested for a new substantive visa that can be granted to you while you are living in Australia
How can I apply for a bridging visa mortgage / home loan?
To apply for a bridging visa mortgage you need a lender that understands your situation and can provide you with a suitable home loan with interest rates and features that suit you. A mortgage broker from Oak Laurel can assist you.
How much can I borrow with a bridging visa home loan / mortgage?
The percentage of the property price that you will be able to borrow will depend on what type of visa you currently have. Basically, lenders have guidelines on what percentage of the property price (known as loan to value ratio) the bank will grant with a specific type of visa. Their general rule for is that applicants can be can borrow up to 80% of the property value for those individual applying for an Australian permanent residency. However, people with spouse / partner visa, 457 visa or many other types of temporary visas can borrow more than 80% of the property value.
How will the bank consider my application?
These days, applying for a home loan with a bridging visa is possible even though it may be complicated with each situation considered against the lender’s guidelines. As a general rule, people on a Bridging Visa A or Bridging Visa B can be granted for a loan up to 80% of their desired property investment price value because they are visa holders that have had a substantive visa before and they can be considered as a lower risk for the bank or other lender.
The allowable amount that you can borrow from each lender or bank depends on different factors which are:
- Your previous visa prior to your bridging visa.
- Your current type of visa application.
- If you are requesting for Australian permanent residency (PR).
- If you are requesting for work visa.
- If you are requesting for a spousal or partner visa.
- If you are requesting for a Temporary residency visa (TR).
- You will need to provide proof of your updated new visa application and the assessment from the Department of Immigration & Citizenship.
- Other factors that can create a substantial impact on your visa application are if you are married to an Australian citizen and if you are a professional with a high paying and in demand job.
- The overall merit of your application.
Another thing you should note, not all Australian banks will agree to take applicants from a foreign citizen living in Australia that has a bridging visa. You will need to apply to a lender or a bank that will consider your situation or your application will not be approved. Contact a mortgage broker from Oak Laurel to help you through the process.
Other type of bridging visa such as C,D, and E are only assessed by a case to case basis.
Advantages of a bridging visa mortgage / home loan.
- Bridging visa home loans can be processed and arranged for in a short period of time.
- Fairly little additional documentation is needed to apply for a bridging visa home loan.
- Very convenient when you are in the process of acquiring your next home at the same time as you’re still waiting for your current recently sold home to settle.
Do you charge for your service?
No, for most loan types our services are free. We are paid a commission by the bank or lender for introducing loans to them. Your loan will be no more expensive because you use our service. Because we know the different lenders and their policies, we can often find you a better rate!